Are you planning on staying sane this Christmas? Me too.
Here’s how I intend to do it….
ONE: I will give myself permission to do any and all the following…
- Fail: failure IS an option and it’s not a sack-able offence. In fact it can lead to greater creativity if we are light about it. If we have any anger towards it that’s ok. Be with that anger too. Just channel it into something creative.
- Succeed: I can succeed at anything I want if I notice when I am doing it well….does that make sense? Success comes in all shapes and forms. Staying calm is success, especially at the moment! Just make a mental note of when you are doing it right.
- Try: Trying has such a bad rap but it might work out useful in the right situation. Try to stay calm instead of flying off the handle…just….try….! If you fail, well go back to step one.
- Experiment: Definitely worth doing, but you’ve got to watch for results and be on the ball….don’t lose your head over this one! Say to yourself, “What would happen if….”
- Practice: Practice the things you know you want to do but you don’t know how to do them well enough for your satisfaction. Practice it and things might just happen. Practice everything…including staying calm!
TWO: I will be devastatingly honest with myself…
Don’t leave anything unexamined, even if it’s completely cringe-worthy. Try to let it all BE without needing to act-out, (unless the acting out feels good that is; that’s therapy!) There’s a fine line between cathartic therapeutic process and destructive compulsive childish behaviour; but it’s a mile wide in practice. Imagine you’re an actor. It’s about masks. Just be conscious and KEEP CHECKING INTO SELF AWARENESS (which only lives in the NOW by the way) and in time you can let the mask drop, revealing your amazing authentic self!
Simply do a little at a time….
That’s the level thirty-three and a half place of mastery…